<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : Lets go fly a kite...

Thursday 18 April 2013

Lets go fly a kite...

Yesterday my husband took me on a date to Willow Farm and whilst perusing the farm shop bought a stunt kite, which we then went a flew... with the blustery weather we've got at the moment, it was near perfect conditions.

I remember being about 11, and having a kite which I think I flew a few times and crashed it, and it ended up in the bin! Yesterday, a similar occurrence happened, although I managed to steer the kite into the side of my husband's face - couldn't have done that if I tried! I had a few slightly better attempts and got such a thrill from that tug as the kite soared high above me. He was of course brilliant and I look forward to future outings. I guess there certain things that men are always going to be better at, are there any famous female kite flyer's?



If you've not done it for years, I'd definitely recommend it - there is sheer joy to be experienced as you whoop away at the sky above, sweetly singing 'Let's go fly a kite' from Mary Poppins.

My hubby and I are both working for ourselves more and I feel now more than ever it's important to have 'time out' - and I'm on a mission to find things that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Kite Flying originatedin China, nearly 3000 years ago. They had all the right materials with silks and bamboo, being perfect for a lightweight framework. Did you know, in 5th Century BC a kite was used as part of a rescue mission. The Romans and Marco Polo were fans of kits and if you've read the wonderful novel The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini you'll know about kite fighting in pre-war Kabul.

I'm hoping there's no kite fighting between me and my man in the future, so i'll need to work on my flying technique to avoid dive bombing him from a great height!

Lets hope I can pick it up as I'd love to do it more often. Who knows maybe I can advance to kite surfing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home