<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.natchatproductions.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Wonder Years..how much of this life can we do? : I think I have Facebook fatigue..

Thursday 12 December 2013

I think I have Facebook fatigue..

I've been feeling it for a while now, that I've fallen out of love with facebook. To be honest, the bond was never that strong, but recently I've been spending less and less time with it..

Randy Zuckerberg, whilst in the UK last week promoting her fascinating sounding book 'Dot Complicated' revealed her research had proved women would prefer to go without running water or spend a night in prison than have access to social media. 

I am not one of these women. Last night, in a what's app conversation with my older sister who lives in Germany,  I asked if she was looking forward to her forthcoming birthday on Monday 16th. To which she replied telling me 'Yes I am, and my party'.. to which I replied 'Oh when's your party'. She replied 'I invited you, Mum, Dad and Damian ( my brother ) on facebook weeks ago and none of you replied'. 

Now is it just me, or is it a bit crap to invite your FAMILY to something on facebook. Isn't that a bit too in personal? 


Don't get me wrong, facebook has its perks, remembering birthday's, anniversaries, catching up with people, having a nose at other people's lives. 

But I wonder whether all this stuff we hear about people lying about their weekends to make themselves look better on social media and how we're no longer making solid memories of things we're doing as we're too busy taking photos to upload rather than actually registering what we're doing - speaks volumes.  And today we hear facebook will is going to have a 'sympathise button'. Oh no - what are we letting ourselves in for!No longer will we even ask each other if we're OK, we'll just moan about it online.
         
I'm quite looking forward to a facebook detox over the festive period. But there is a part of me that wonders if I can honestly manage it!  

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home